Forum Discussion

Hippopotamus
Contributing User
5 years ago
Solved

I want my Accounts List to print with a Tax Code and Status column. It always used to do that easily.

David_Cree
    5 years ago

Hello Hippopotamus 

I am happy that you are happy!

You are correct about either way to reorder columns.

cheers 

David

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello Hippopotamus ,

Assuming you are using Accountright,
    You may be able to achieve this by using the 'Import/Export Tool' under the File menu at the top:

Be sure to select Export Data > Export 'Accounts'  > Type 'Account Information' > 'Separate Data Using Tabs' > and include atleast the following fields in your export file (see screenshot)

This will create a .TXT file which can be dragged onto an empty Excel worksheet to open it.

Regards,

Hippopotamus
      Contributing User

Dear Ali,

Thank you for your help, but I did all your steps up until "this will create a .TXT file..."

Maybe I should have left it saved in:  Windows (C:) - windows - System32  which was what if offered,

but instead I saved it in My Documents under a folder I keep for notes on MYOB.

Anyway, what I saw was a Notepad document which was not very easy to read, the columns were not very

neat because some account names are longer than others, so that the Tax Codes weren't in a nice column, like they used to be when I would print an Accounts List straight from MYOB (the last time I printed an Accounts List (Summary) with AccountRight was 23.10.19 and it came out wonderfully, a nice report with the Current Balance, Tax Code and Status.  Like, have AccountRight updates since October 2019 made it impossible to print a nice little Accounts List like I always have been able to do?)

You also say, "this will create a .TXT file which can be dragged onto an empty Excel worksheet to open it."  I am so dumb, for what you've said, I would need step by step directions as I've never had to do any dragging of a file into an Excel worksheet.  I can open up an Excel spreadsheet!! (Hopeful look on my face).

Thank you if you can help me further,

Hippo

David_Cree
        Ultimate Partner

Hello Hippopotamus  AliK607 

I think that what you are after is the srandard MYOB AR Accounts List [Summary] Report which is found under Reports / Accounts.

To get the other fields that you want go to the Insert /Modify tab at the top and then Show / Hide to add the extra fields that you want. Then re Run Report again.

Foir more information about reports and extra options have a look at this MYOB Support Note.

https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Displaying+a+report

I hope this is what you were after.

Cheers

David