Forum Discussion

10 months ago

Importing from excel to create a purchase order

Hi

Does anyone know if you can import from excel to create a purchase order?  

8 Replies

• Hi Admin_Jen

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I understand how importing is one of the key features of an application. If you are using AccountRight, this is possible, but you will need to save the Excel file with the .TXT extension. I would suggest reading through this article, Using an import template. This would give you more information regarding importing files in AccountRight. 

If you are using MYOB Business, this is not possible, as there are no options to import transactions into the file. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this.

Thanks,

Genreve

• Hi 

I created a test purchase order (we are using MYOB ACCOUNTRIGHT) and exported it to excel.  I then amended that file to test importing it back into MYOB but it created a bill and not a purchase order. I selected the file type as purchase and the purchase type as item purchases (there is no option to select order that I can see) 

Could you let me know what I am doing wrong?

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Admin_Jen,

Thanks for the response and the attached file you've sent. 

In my understanding, the import file does not work properly since it lacks import fields. Generally, if you are unsure of the fields required for the import file, it's best to include all the fields instead. I would suggest reading these articles, Import and export fields, and Using an import template. This provides a comprehensive explanation regarding how importing works and using templates.

Let us know if you require any further assistance. We're happy to help.

Thanks,

Genreve