Forum Discussion

CA_EGH
User
2 years ago
Solved

Importing General Journal error 19 Unbalanced Transaction

Hi Community,

A new business of ours uses Guestpoint as its accomodation software. It produces an export for the income and payment recognition in the form of a general journal entry. It is based on the old type of fields i.e. debit ex gst debit inc gst etc, so i have converted it to the new format with the {} as the first line in the txt file.

However, we keep getting error -19 unbalanced transaction, even after double and triple checking the amounts in excel with the amounts 100% matching to two decimal places (rounded). 

It will import successfully as a transaction journal entry but this does not include tax codes and tax amounts. Are the tax amounts throwing this out? We've made sure the entries have the "X" in the inclusive column where necessary but Accountright just does not want to import it.

Files attached for reference.

• Hi CA_EGH , welcome to the forum. My guess is that the import process in the new AccountRight requires the Amount column to be the net amount, regardless of what the GST-inclusive flag says (this only affects the display of the transaction in AR). 

In your file the Amount column is the inclusive amount, which used to be acceptable to v19 imports.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi CA_EGH , welcome to the forum. My guess is that the import process in the new AccountRight requires the Amount column to be the net amount, regardless of what the GST-inclusive flag says (this only affects the display of the transaction in AR). 

In your file the Amount column is the inclusive amount, which used to be acceptable to v19 imports.

CA_EGH
      User

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your response.

Uploading as exclusive amount regardless of the gst-inclusive flag worked.

Solution verified.

Regards

Craig Archbold