Forum Discussion

HDG
Experienced Cover User
12 months ago

Importing Items is doubling up and not updating exisiting items

I've been trying to import items and i want it to update the information i'm importing but it keeps saying it's imported with warnings but it duplicates the informtion. 

I'm wondering how MYOB knows that it's information to update as the item number, item descrition and primary supplier are the same so why is it dupicating the informtion and still bringing uploading with error warnings. 

Now i have to waste my time deleting each item one by one (as there still is no way of bulk deleting) as they are all incorrect and haven't updated the information already in the file. I have thousands of imported items.

This is extremely frustrating and makes no sense as to what it uses as an identifier to update. Can somebody explain this please? 

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi HDG 

Item imports are based on the Item Number only, which must be exactly the same. So 01234 is not the same as 1234. Always backup before an import, so if the import goes awry you can restore the backup.

Regards

Gavin

• Hi HDG

Thanks for reaching out.

Thanks for reaching out. It is as gavin12345 has mentioned the changes would be connected to the item number only. If the item number of the item we are trying to update is different from the upload file then it would create new items. Also, import errors have codes that will point us to what we need to alter in the file to avoid it. 

May I ask for the import error or screenshot of the error. 

Feel free to let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Cheers,

Genreve

HDG
      Experienced Cover User

The errors are different each time i import the same file. 

also how can you just import a file without all the blank spaces?

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi HDG 

I suggest you spend some time reading Importing and Exporting from the Support Centre to ensure you are correctly preparing your import file. If after following the support article, errors continue, attach to the post the import file as well as the importlog.txt report. Someone might then be able to provide guidance.

Regards

Gavin