Forum Discussion

Chaimyob
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

Previous balanced BAS now unbalanced

My previous balanced BAS for 2nd qtr now is showing different totals. Also, some of the entered income and expenses which were previously reconciled in October are now not reconciled. B/statements now do not match reconcilliation amounts but did when I did them last year.

Any suggestions. I would like to avoid a very lengthy wait to speak to someone.

HELP!!

• Hi Chaimyob 

Thanks for your post. Typically this will be caused by transactions being added, changed or deleted in that previous BAS period. Editing transactions will cause them to become unreconciled so it does sound like changes have been made which may have affected the previous BAS.

As transactions have become unreconciled you will need to undo and re-do the bank reconciliations. To determine what has changed with the BAS you will need to compare a current report to the report at the time of lodgement.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Chaimyob 

Thanks for your post. Typically this will be caused by transactions being added, changed or deleted in that previous BAS period. Editing transactions will cause them to become unreconciled so it does sound like changes have been made which may have affected the previous BAS.

As transactions have become unreconciled you will need to undo and re-do the bank reconciliations. To determine what has changed with the BAS you will need to compare a current report to the report at the time of lodgement.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.