Forum Discussion

KfromFinance
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Bank Reconciliations - out of balance since "upgrade"

Every bank reconciliation since the commencement of the business is now out of balance. There seems to be a  theme - funds transfer is now sitting in outstanding withdrawals.  I have copies of every reconciliation before the upgrade which showed they balanced and the transfers were included in the reconcilied figure.  I undid reconciliations for this financial year, before I realised it went even further back.

The very strange thing is when I download the bank reconciliation for June/July 2022 it shows no outstanding withdrawals, yet when you go into start the next reconciliation the figure is out by the transfer amounts.  

This is only one of many, many issues I am having with this upgrade.

Does any of the programmers know anything about accounts?

This is a big problem, that needs to get sorted.

I have read many blogs on the same issue, but it appears that solutions have not been forecoming. 

No one has time for this incompetancy - so please fix this issue.  

Please don't send me the standard solutions blog.  Tried all of them - it is not an issue with what I have done.

Quick answers and resolutions would be very helpful.

Thanks

Very disgruntled User.

• Hello KfromFinance 

I'm sorry to see no one has responded to you yet. 

If you are having your reconciliation show as out of balance, you can try to do a future-dated reconciliation to see if that will resolve the out-of-balance. 

Otherwise, if the above-mentioned doesn't work, you will need to undo the reconciliations to where the out-of-balance occurs, and then redo the reconciliations. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello KfromFinance 

I'm sorry to see no one has responded to you yet. 

If you are having your reconciliation show as out of balance, you can try to do a future-dated reconciliation to see if that will resolve the out-of-balance. 

Otherwise, if the above-mentioned doesn't work, you will need to undo the reconciliations to where the out-of-balance occurs, and then redo the reconciliations. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

KfromFinance
      Experienced User

Hello Chris

Thank you for your response.

As this post was put up a month ago, I have sorted this problem out myself.  I did indeed need to undo many reconciliations.  After having an unrelated issue fixed by MYOB support, I re reconciled many months.

The problem seems to be fixed.

thanks

Karen

Greg-B
      Cover User

Hi Chris, is there a solution? My bookeeper had to re reconcile a lot of entries after the upgrade, many hours. She has been away and has arrived back to find the reconciliation she did to 31/12/2022 has many entries that are now not reconciled. What is going on? I have not undone any reconciliations. It means I am being billed for time spent redoing reconciliations. Help needed urgently. I have other businesses I deal with using MYOB and Xero without these issues. Very frustrating!!!

Sean_DC
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Greg-B 

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. 

If you've received an email or in-product message that MYOB Essentials will be soon upgraded, we ask for users to complete any saved bank recs in MYOB Essentials. In MYOB Essentials there's the option to select transactions for reconciliation and save those selections. If these saved recs aren't completed they won't be migrated during the upgrade, meaning that the reconciliation will need to be re-checked and transactions reselected in the upgraded software. If this wasn't completed, it would result in unreconciled transactions. In this case, you will need to reconcile again.

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.