Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Cannot Match Electronic Payment in Bank

Hello,

As title says. In bank feeds, I cannot find the corresponding transaction under "Match Transaction" when trying to allocate the entry to my electronic payment. I'll list what I'm doing.

1. Open the bill and press record payment

2. Check "Electronic payment" is ticked, correct bank is selected and save.

3. Prepare electronic payment, use today's date then download bank file.

4. Upload bank file to online bank and process immediately.

When the transaction appears in my bank feed I can't see the correct transaction to allocate to. My current fix is to delete the old electronic payment and redo it, where it then shows up as an option to allocate. It's a bit of a hassle to do everything twice. Thanks in advance for any help.

TinyBusinessGuy

• Hi TinyBusinessGuy 

Welcome to the Community Forum. Can you check if the bank account that you have selected under Prepare electronic payment is the same bank account number that you are reconciling through Bank feeds?

If it all matches up, would you be able to reply with a screenshot of both windows so I can reproduce the situation on my end?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi TinyBusinessGuy 

Welcome to the Community Forum. Can you check if the bank account that you have selected under Prepare electronic payment is the same bank account number that you are reconciling through Bank feeds?

If it all matches up, would you be able to reply with a screenshot of both windows so I can reproduce the situation on my end?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

• Hi SamaraM,

The problem seems to be fixed now. I'll mark your solution as fixed and reply here again if the problem pops up again.

Thanks,

TinyBusinessGuy