Forum Discussion

4 days ago

Duplicated bank transactions

Hi,

I have a new Amex credit account that was approved on the 2nd of September. However, my credit card started being used on the 30th of August. When I tried to import the statements, I realized that I had duplicated some transactions. I then revised the statement and only imported the missing transactions for the 30th and 31st of August. Now I have the normal bank transaction records for the Amex; however, the Profit and Loss reports are still showing duplicated transactions, leading to duplicated expenses for these two transactions.

Please advise me on how to get rid of them.

Thank you!

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi AdyC2409,

Welcome to the Community Forum! 

If you have imported a bank statement without deleting the previous import, it can result in duplicate transactions. To resolve this, you should first delete the imported bank statement and then re-import it. If you have already imported the missing transactions without deleting the previous ones, duplicates will occur.

You can delete the imported transactions manually. However, if the issue involves bank feeds, this can be addressed in the backend. You can reach out to our support team. The best ways to contact our support team are through live chat (via our virtual assistant MOCA) or by raising a support ticket through myaccount.myob.com.

Regards,
    Earl