Dga1
Contributing User
7 months ago

How to download attached files; where are they after download

8 Replies

Hannah_V
    MYOB Moderator

Thank you for your post, Dga1

We would like to further assist you in downloading the attached file on your end. 

However, there is no attachment here on this thread. 

Moving forward, here are some general steps to download and locate files:

1. Click on the file link or attachment you want to download. This will usually be in an email or on a webpage.
    2. A prompt will appear asking you where you want to save the file. You can choose a specific location on your computer that you'll remember, like your Desktop or Downloads folder.
    3. Click 'Save' to start the download.
    4. Once the download is complete, navigate to the location you chose in step 2. You should see your downloaded file there.

If you're still having trouble finding your downloaded files, you might want to check your browser's default download location. Here's how you can do it on some common browsers:

• Google Chrome: Click the three dots in the top-right corner, then click 'Settings'. Under the 'Advanced' section, you can find 'Downloads' where you can see and change the location of your downloaded files.
    • Firefox: Click the three lines in the top-right corner, then click 'Preferences'. Under 'General', you can find 'Files and Applications' where you can see and change the location of your downloaded files.

If you're still unable to locate your downloaded files, please let me know so I can assist you further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information

Best regards,

Hannah

Dga1
      Contributing User

Thanks. From my list of bank transactions on my iPad Pro I located a saved transaction with an icon indicating an attached file (in fact the associated invoice). When I opened the transaction I noticed at the bottom there was a file name on the LHS and a download icon on the RHS. When I went to the icon it went from grey to black but apart from that nothing seemed to happen. If I clicked it it just highlighted part of the file name. Even so I clicked Save. When I checked there was nothing in my Download folder; I searched for the file name but no result. 
      it seems that I must be missing a step in the process but no idea what it is.

Hannah_V
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, Dga1.

Generally, on an iPad, when you tap on a download link or button, it should automatically download the file and place it in your 'Files' app in a folder named 'Downloads'. If this isn't happening, it could be due to your iPad settings or the specific app settings.