Forum Discussion

20 days ago

Missing transactions from Bank statement affecting EOY balance.

Kia ora

I am having trouble balancing EOY. I have been able to narrow it down to some transactions in February which are on the bank statement but not in MYOB. The bank feed was only set up at end of February and I don't want to import bank statements again as there are only a few transactions that are missing. Can they be entered manually? The Bank Reconciliation is currently showing as balanced, so I am getting quite confused and frustrated.

Many thanks for your help,

Donna

3 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi DETContracting,

I appreciate your post. Assuming that a few missing transactions are dated before you have set up your bank feeds, If these transactions are not crucial, you might not need to import them. If you do, they might remain unallocated because there's no matching transaction in your system.

Since you've recently set up your bank feeds, only transactions that happened after the setup will appear. Given that your bank reconciliation is showing as balanced, it might be best to overlook these missing transactions from your bank statement. However, this depends on the importance of these missing transactions.

Remember, if you import them, they might just sit unallocated. So it's a decision you'll need to make based on the significance of these transactions.

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella

• Thankyou Sheila,

I talked to the Accountant and we figured out to do entires as payments and deposits manually.

Manaaki, Donna

Isaiah_C
        MYOB Moderator

Hi DETContracting,

Thank you for the response. I'm glad that your issue is now resolved. I'll be closing this thread now. If you have any additional concerns, please feel free to post again.

Kind regards,

Sai