Forum Discussion

kunsangyeshe
Contributing User
11 months ago

MYOB transactions source of data entry unclear

Background:

• 2 asset accounts defined within MYOB a main account (mainly income) and a main transaction account (mainly expenses)
  • Under Banking/Manage Bank Feeds - the expenses account shows as Bank Feed Ready
  • The mainly income account under Banking/Bank Transactions -> Import Statement button shows two QIFs up to date 30/11/2022. Which is as I expected.
  • I took over this role in April 2023 and was preparing to do further QIF IMPORTs as things became clearer for the client.
  • But I noticed that under Banking/Reconcile accounts with a statement date =  30/6/23 I can see a fairly full complement of bank transactions to that date!!
  • For December 2022 I attempted a reconciliation and discovered about 6 or 7 missing transaction which I added manually to balance out OK.

Is MYOB interacting with the Bank in the background (to be helpful) and providing this data?

I can see no mention of such auto-behaviour documented on MYOB website or forum.

Help please.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi kunsangyeshe

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delayed response. 

Sorry to hear about your difficulties with reconciling accounts. The bank transactions window shows transactions from either the bank feeds or QIF files uploaded, on the other hand, the reconcile accounts window shows all transactions that are recorded inside the application. So, fixing the reconciliation window does not involve the bank feeds or QIF files. I would recommend checking all transactions inside the reconciled accounts and comparing them to the bank statement transaction. Any missing transactions or duplicate transactions must be corrected. Also, I would recommend doing a future dated reconciliation to make sure no transactions are missing. Here are the steps for it. 

1. Banking > Reconcile accounts.
    2. Choose the bank account in question.
    3. Input statement date as 31/12/9998.
    4. Copy the calculated closing balance value to the closing bank statement balance.
    5. Click Reconcile.
    6. Click undo next to the date last reconciled. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We're happy to help. 

Cheers,

Genreve