Forum Discussion

PaulineD1
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

Mystery transactions appearing when I do the next month's bank reconciliation

Hi

I reconcile my bank accounts each month after importing the bank file, allocating transactions to the appropriate income or expense code and then reconciling the account.

Twice now when I go to reconcile the next month - after the same process - I have many transactions (14 in fact) sitting there as unreconciled from the previous month. This freaked me out the first time. After investigation I realised they were not showing up in the accounts the unreconciled transaction were supposedly coded to. So when I delete them the account balances for the income and expense accounts are not affected. Where would these transactions be coming from. They are not generated by bank rules or templates.

PaulineD1
    3 years ago

Hi Adrian

I will see how I go when I reconcile the account for the February transactions.

Pauline

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I dont have an answer for you but I've had similar, where I've gone to reconcile the account and the account balance is out, when I go back through the transactions, some of my account transfers have been doubled up.

PaulineD1
      Experienced User

Does anyone else have any suggestions as to how this might be happening? I guess I will wait till my next EOM reconciliation of the account to see if it happens again.