Forum Discussion

JBHIlls
Contributing User
5 months ago
Solved

One invoice paid in two payments through the bank won't reconcile

Hi,

I paid the incorrect amount on an invoice so had to make an additional payment through my bank to correct the value and pay the supplier the right amount. 

I am now trying to reconcile the two payments I made in the bank to the once invoice i loaded in to MYOB but MYOB won't allow me to do it. 

Does anyone know how i reconcile these payments to the invoice?

Thanks

• Hi JBHIlls

Thank you for your response and for providing additional information about your situation. 

I understand that your issue is still ongoing. From what I gather, if you're unable to directly match the bank feed to the bank transactions window due to the amount, you'll need to manually record these three payments and match them in the bank transactions window subsequently.

You can accomplish this by opening the invoice and creating each payment with the respective amounts and dates to align with the bank transactions window. Once done, you can return to the bank transaction window and match all three transactions to the bank feed transactions.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need further assistance with this process. We're here to support you.

Thanks,
    Genreve

3 Replies

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JBHIlls,

Thanks for the post. 

Regarding your concern, if you paid an incorrect amount on an invoice, deleting the invoice would be the best recommendation then recreate the invoice to match the bank feeds transactions. 

To delete the invoice,

• go to Sales menu >> and choose Invoices. The invoices page appears. Click to open the invoice
    • Click to open the invoice you want to delete.
    • Click delete.

At the confirmation message, click Delete. If you see a message about there being a payment against the invoice, you will need to delete the payment before you can delete the invoice. For reconciling online invoice payments, you can check out this Help article: Reconciling online invoice payments, for more information. 

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us again or create a new post. We are happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks 

Cel

JBHIlls
      Contributing User

Hi I paid the incorrect amount but regardless when i do this with invoice say worth $25,000.00 and i only have a bank transaction limit of $10,00.00 per transaction I will pay the $25k invoice over 3 payments which comes in to the bank in three difference lines to reconcile to the one invoice, $10k, $10k, $5k. If i try to do this MYOB tells me I am out of balance and will not allow me to reconcile the 3 transaction to the 1 invoice. How do i get around this if i have invoices are larger than my transaction limit? I used to be able to do this MYOB essentials with no issues why has this been changed? And how do i reconcile the invoice? 

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi JBHIlls

Thank you for your response and for providing additional information about your situation. 

I understand that your issue is still ongoing. From what I gather, if you're unable to directly match the bank feed to the bank transactions window due to the amount, you'll need to manually record these three payments and match them in the bank transactions window subsequently.

You can accomplish this by opening the invoice and creating each payment with the respective amounts and dates to align with the bank transactions window. Once done, you can return to the bank transaction window and match all three transactions to the bank feed transactions.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need further assistance with this process. We're here to support you.

Thanks,
        Genreve