Forum Discussion

jay15
Contributing User
6 months ago
Solved

Payroll - Wrong bank account

Hi

I paid our wages from our savings account, instead of our main cheque account.  As a result the bank transcaction matching wont pick up the wages payment.

I have tried a general journal to move the funds between savings and cheque accounts, but it doesnt adjust the figures in the bank account screen.

Is there any way to fix this apart from reversing the pay, changing the account settings, and re-running the pay run?

Thanks

• Hi jay15,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of information in this forum. 

Regarding your concern on your wages paid in the wrong account, In this matter, if you accidentally pay using your personal account in MYOB Essentials instead of your cheque account, the best recommendation for this is to Reverse then change the Payroll linked Account then Reprocess. To do this, kindly open the transaction then click the edit button, select Reverse Transaction. For more information regarding this, you can check out this Help Article: Changing a recorded pay, for more information.

If you still need assistance with this, please do not hesitate to contact us again. We are happy to help. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

4 Replies

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi jay15,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of information in this forum. 

Regarding your concern on your wages paid in the wrong account, In this matter, if you accidentally pay using your personal account in MYOB Essentials instead of your cheque account, the best recommendation for this is to Reverse then change the Payroll linked Account then Reprocess. To do this, kindly open the transaction then click the edit button, select Reverse Transaction. For more information regarding this, you can check out this Help Article: Changing a recorded pay, for more information.

If you still need assistance with this, please do not hesitate to contact us again. We are happy to help. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

Celia_B
      MYOB Moderator

Hi jay15,

We hope this message finds you well. We want to check back with you regarding your concern. If you still need assistance with this or if you have other questions or concerns, please feel free to create a new post. Rest assured that one of our moderators will be happy to help.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

jay15
      Contributing User

Thanksn- i figured that was the only way, I didnt want to show lots of reversals on the ATO STP when it was nothing on the payroll side, just a myob change.  but nevertheless, I did all the reversals and reprocessed them under the correct account - thanks

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi jay15,

Thank you for the update. We are glad to know that the issue has now been resolved after you reprocessed it and it is now on the correct account. If you still need assistance in the future or if you have other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again or create a new post. Rest assured that one of our Community Forum moderators will be happy to assist you. We want to inform you that we are now closing this case.  

Cheers,

Cel