Forum Discussion

trpgroup
Experienced Cover User
2 months ago

Reconcile Account out of balance but Bank balances

My reconciliation is out of balance $785.95 but no transactions for this and I have ticked all transactions off but still out of balance. My bank account balances.

I then go and undo previous reconciliations and they now are out of balance too by this amount but they previously reconciled. I have done the steps to future date the rec and then undo but still showing out of balance this amount of $785.95. MYOB Essentials. There are not many transactions and none for this amount in the bank or MYOB.

• Hi trpgroup and MyobRager,

Welcome to the Community Forum MyobRager!

To address the issue of your reconciliation being out of balance, There are a few things we need to consider:

• Ensure all transactions have been correctly ticked off in the reconciliation process. Sometimes, a transaction might be missed or incorrectly matched.
    • Since it is out of balance after undoing previous reconciliations, review each reconciliation to identify where the discrepancy might have originated. Look for any transactions that might have been altered or deleted after the reconciliation was completed.
    • Ensure that when you future-date the reconciliation, all transactions up to that date are correctly matched and accounted for.
    • Ensure that the opening balance in your file matches the opening balance in your bank statement.

This Help article, Fixing Out for Balance Bank Reconciliations, has more details that you might want to check out.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess

3 Replies

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi trpgroup and MyobRager,

Welcome to the Community Forum MyobRager!

To address the issue of your reconciliation being out of balance, There are a few things we need to consider:

• Ensure all transactions have been correctly ticked off in the reconciliation process. Sometimes, a transaction might be missed or incorrectly matched.
    • Since it is out of balance after undoing previous reconciliations, review each reconciliation to identify where the discrepancy might have originated. Look for any transactions that might have been altered or deleted after the reconciliation was completed.
    • Ensure that when you future-date the reconciliation, all transactions up to that date are correctly matched and accounted for.
    • Ensure that the opening balance in your file matches the opening balance in your bank statement.

This Help article, Fixing Out for Balance Bank Reconciliations, has more details that you might want to check out.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess

trpgroup
    Experienced Cover User

Hello, Is anyone available to help me please? I think this may be due to some reversed transactions. I can see ID numbers CD000047 then CD000050 but I can not see CD000048 and 49. Perhaps these were behind the scenes affecting my balance? I am still out by $785.95. Hoping someone will help me please? Thank you