Forum Discussion

Ren28
User
3 years ago
Solved

Spend Money - Multiple entries

Hi I've recently started the Myob Business version after many years on Premier 12. 

When allocating daily expenses which formed part of Directors Drawings I would just go through Bank statement and add the weeks total onto a single spend Money transaction. Can this be done in Bank feeds so that when ticking multiple transactions they are allocated to just 1 single Spend Money transaction for week ending? 

• Hi Ren28 

Just wanted to add that it's not possible to hide bank feed transactions in MYOB Business. Your options for handling the directors drawings are:

1. create bank rules as advised by Lisa ( LRBooks61 )
    2. or, bulk allocate the bank transactions to the directors drawings account

To bulk allocate transactions to the same account:

1. in the Bank transactions window tick all applicable transactions
    2. click Allocate
    3. select the Account
    4. click Allocate

Please let us know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi 

If you are using bank feeds you need to allocate every transaction , or you can hide all of them that are relevant and do your one transaction which you will have to manually reconcile. Defeats the purpose of bank feeds.

You could set up a bank rule if the transactions are easily identifiable which would reduce the need to enter each transaction every month - just the initial and going forward they will apply the rule and you can just accept them in the bank feed

Hope that helps

Lisa

Ren28
      User

Thanks for your response Lisa. I get what you mean about defeating the purpose of the bank feeds but I do like the idea of hiding the multiple transactions and manually entering. I just read another response and realised it's not possible. 

• Hi Ren28 

Just wanted to add that it's not possible to hide bank feed transactions in MYOB Business. Your options for handling the directors drawings are:

1. create bank rules as advised by Lisa ( LRBooks61 )
    2. or, bulk allocate the bank transactions to the directors drawings account

To bulk allocate transactions to the same account:

1. in the Bank transactions window tick all applicable transactions
    2. click Allocate
    3. select the Account
    4. click Allocate

Please let us know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Ren28
      User

Hi Tracey, Thank you for your response. I understand the bulk allocation but was trying to avoid keeping the small amounts all visible. ( ATM Card and Paypass currently being used by 2 people). I was hoping there was a way to just group 10-12 transactions to reach an amount required, copy to 1 Spend Money transaction and allocate 1 total.  

Regardless it looks like I need to restructure the bank accounts for new Financial year and allocate a weekly amount to Directors to spend on their own cards in order to prevent all these multiple transactions. 

IanChait
        Ultimate Partner

Hi Ren28 

It's best practice not to use business bank accounts for personal expenses. 

I would try encourage the directors to stop doing this.