Forum Discussion

Kelvintronic
Contributing User
7 months ago
Solved

Cant find spend money transaction

I made a purchase and made two payments for it (a second transaction was required to cover freight). It was not a purchase from a regular supplier. I uploaded the invoice via the intray and created a spend money transaction. When I tried to match it to the two payments (one at a time), an error told me that unbalanced transactions cannot be recorded.

I can do it with incomming payments but it seems not with outgoing ones????

I had trouble finding the transaction but I eventually found that I could click on the record number in the bank feed 'Allocate transaction' list to edit or delete the spend money transaction. When I did so I accitentally clicked on the record button. But I actually need to delete this transaction. Now I can't find it.

How do I find a spend money transaction that has been manually recorded?

Also, how do I allocate multiple bank feed transactions to the spend money transaction?

• Hi Kelvintronic,

Thank you for your post.

If you want to find those spend money transaction, you may go Banking> Find transaction> Debits and Credits> then filter by date. Once you found the transaction you may proceed on deleting it. Please note if the transaction is from the in-tray, you may attach it directly from the bank transaction window. 

Do let us know if you need further help with this.

Cheers,

Shella

7 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Kelvintronic,

Thank you for your post.

If you want to find those spend money transaction, you may go Banking> Find transaction> Debits and Credits> then filter by date. Once you found the transaction you may proceed on deleting it. Please note if the transaction is from the in-tray, you may attach it directly from the bank transaction window. 

Do let us know if you need further help with this.

Cheers,

Shella

Kelvintronic
      Contributing User

Ok. I found it and deleted it. Thanks.

But how do I combine two banking debits to one invoice??? I can do it with credits but it won't accept unbalanced transactions on a debit.

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Kelvintronic

Apologized for the late response.

Glad to know that you're able to delete the said transactions. May we know if you still need help with combining two banking debits in one invoice? On this matter, we recommend recording the bills first and then proceeding with creating two payments. This helpful article, prepare electronic payments will give you the full details about this. 

Do let us know if you need further help. 

Regards,
        Earl

• Need some money 

Kelvintronic wrote:

I made a purchase and made two payments for it (a second transaction was required to cover freight). It was not a purchase from a regular supplier. I uploaded the invoice via the intray and created a spend money transaction. When I tried to match it to the two payments (one at a time), an error told me that unbalanced transactions cannot be recorded.

I can do it with incomming payments but it seems not with outgoing ones????

I had trouble finding the transaction but I eventually found that I could click on the record number in the bank feed 'Allocate transaction' list to edit or delete the spend money transaction. When I did so I accitentally clicked on the record button. But I actually need to delete this transaction. Now I can't find it.

How do I find a spend money transaction that has been manually recorded?

Also, how do I allocate multiple bank feed transactions to the spend money transaction?

• Need the money 💲 💲 💲 💲 💲 💲