Forum Discussion

renojen1
Contributing User
10 months ago
Solved

Downgrade from AccountRight to Business Lite

My client is currently using AccountRight Plus 2023.6 and wants to downgrade to Business Lite.  There is no inventory or foreign currency transactions.  There is only one employee in payroll.  It seems that AccountRight is overkill for her needs.  I am just gathering info for her so that she can make an informed decision on this.  My questions are:

1) If she decides to proceed with Business Lite, and cancel the AccountRight subscription, can we still access her history in AccountRight as a "read only" function, or is access to the file no longer available?

2) I read somewhere that MYOB does a free data conversion for one year.  Is this correct? (If the existing MYOB file can be converted and data imported to Business Lite, then we may not need to access the history in AccountRight any longer.)

Can someone please advise on these matters?

Thank you

• Hi renojen1 

Thanks for reaching out.

Firstly, accept my apologies for the delayed response. We do offer data migration, our migration team helps to convert the data file from one platform to another, meaning all the historical data will be imported to the new version. Something I would like to mention here would be that migrations are feature and data-specific, and they might require a Business lite/Pro subscription depending on the transactions used in Account Right.

Once everything is migrated to the new platform you can cancel the Account Right subscription and the backup will be available as Read only. Check this link to learn more about the impacts of cancelling the Account Right subscription in detail Cancelling your MYOB subscription - MYOB AccountRight - MYOB Help Centre

Additionally, check this link Move to MYOB Business from AccountRight or AccountEdge which covers a detailed FAQ on how this process works. Also, if you like to go ahead with migration kindly submit your details via the form provided.

Hope this answers and please feel free to reply if you have any questions.

Cheers

Priya Selvaraj

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CountryCharm
    Contributing Cover User

Not impressed that nobody from MYOB has responded to this question??????  
    I also have a client who intends to DOWNGRADE and we need to know urgently how to process this downgrade to avoid any issues!!!  
    Looking forward to an urgent response. 
    thanks

• Hi renojen1 

Thanks for reaching out.

Firstly, accept my apologies for the delayed response. We do offer data migration, our migration team helps to convert the data file from one platform to another, meaning all the historical data will be imported to the new version. Something I would like to mention here would be that migrations are feature and data-specific, and they might require a Business lite/Pro subscription depending on the transactions used in Account Right.

Once everything is migrated to the new platform you can cancel the Account Right subscription and the backup will be available as Read only. Check this link to learn more about the impacts of cancelling the Account Right subscription in detail Cancelling your MYOB subscription - MYOB AccountRight - MYOB Help Centre

Additionally, check this link Move to MYOB Business from AccountRight or AccountEdge which covers a detailed FAQ on how this process works. Also, if you like to go ahead with migration kindly submit your details via the form provided.

Hope this answers and please feel free to reply if you have any questions.

Cheers

Priya Selvaraj

PriyaSelvaraj
      MYOB Moderator

Hi CountryCharm

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to hear that we kept you waiting for a response.

As I mentioned in renojen1 post, the downgrade process is file-specific. If you like to know more information on a specific serial number kindly send us the details via private message and we're here to help you.

Meanwhile, check this article Move to MYOB Business from AccountRight or AccountEdge to learn about migration options. Also, if you like to go ahead with migration kindly submit your details via the form provided on the page.

Hope this helps and if any questions do let me know.

Thanks

Priya Selvaraj

PriyaSelvaraj
        MYOB Moderator

Hi renojen1 

Thank you for marking this post as an Accepted Solution. This conversation will be closed now and feel free to start a new post in the future.

Cheers

Priya Selvaraj