Forum Discussion

Diane4
Contributing User
5 months ago
Solved

Need to restart entire myob business file

I started myob business in Aug 23 and in the process of learning I have ended up with some very messy accounts. I am chasing my tail nad getting nowhere and  would like to delete all entries and start again from zero. How do I do this?

Diane4
    5 months ago

Hello Doreen,

I am speaking with MYOB Support at the moment and am hoping for a resolution. Will see how that goes. If not, I will consider your advice as an option. 

Thank you and kind regards

Diane

10 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, Diane4

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

In addition to the information that Mike_James provided, you may cancel your current subscription and re-purchase a new one to start a new file. This will allow you to start all over again.

Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

Diane4
      Contributing User

Hello Doreen,

I am speaking with MYOB Support at the moment and am hoping for a resolution. Will see how that goes. If not, I will consider your advice as an option. 

Thank you and kind regards

Diane

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, Diane4

Thank you for updating us.

It's great that you're actively seeking a solution, and we hope your conversation with them proves successful. Should you encounter any challenges or if the resolution is not as expected, feel free to explore the alternative options, including the advice we provided earlier. We're here to assist in any way we can, and we hope everything gets sorted out smoothly for you. If you have any further questions or need additional guidance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Best regards,

Doreen

Diane4
      Contributing User

Update: I have just had a new subscription installed as per Doreen P's suggestion. Support desk was very helpful.

Diane4
      Contributing User

I now have two subscriptions showing as active. Is it okay to cancel the old one as I won't need it anymore, or are they connected in some way? I don't want to pay for two subscriptions :(

Regards

Di

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, Diane4

As per checking, your old subscription has an end date of 31/1/2024. This will be cancelled automatically on that given date. Rest assured that you will not pay for two subscriptions.

We are here to assist you promptly.

Best regards,

Doreen

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Diane4 , welcome to the forum.  By far the simplest option is to get a clone of your file made using a third party service. Search for "accountright clone myox". There's a cost for that service.

Diane4
      Contributing User

Thanks Mike,

I have contacted MYOB Support and am working through a solution with them. I wasn't even aware that cloning was a thing! Good to know there is something like this as an option. 

Thanks and regards

Di