Forum Discussion

11 months ago
Solved

UPGRADE FROM ACCOUNT RIGHT PLUS

Hello

I have two requests for help please.

I have been using Account Right Plus v2013.5.15.9262 for many years for my church so that i can do the BAS. Recently thesotware told me I needed to CONFIRM my company file. I have tried and tried to do this but to no avail. No phone numbers for support. No online methos works. So I cannot use my previously working data file.

HOW CAN I CONFIRM MY FILE??

Secondly, I am in the process of trialling MYOB Business Pro version online. I have downloaded the ttrial version. I have imported the chart of accounts. How do I import the transaction data files from my old version of MYOB.

Can anyone help me.

Thankyou

Allan

• Hi AllanRC 

Thank you so much for the information. I've successfully Confirm/Activate your Company File and the License file was sent to the email that is registered to your account.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi AllanRC

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! I am sorry to hear that you were not able to confirm your Company File and for reaching our phone support. I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue and I do apologize for the delayed response. I would be glad to help you with Confirming your Company File. To get this sorted, can you please send me a private message with the following information: 

* Serial number
      * Company File ID or Company File Code (can be found on Help > About AccountRIght)
      * Version number or Build Number of the Software.

You can take data entered in your company file and use it in other software or in other company files. This process is called exporting data. You can also take data entered in other software programs and incorporate it into your company file, or incorporate information from one company file into another company file. This process is called importing data.

This help article will give you more information about: Importing data

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
    Regards,
    Earl

AllanRC
      User

Hello

You requested some details of my Myob software.

Here it is.

Serial number :     

ACCOUNT RIGHT PLUS AU

Version : 

File Version : 

Company File ID :  

I have attached a Word file with screen images of this information.

Hopefully you can help me.

Cheers

Allan Chivell

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi AllanRC 

Thank you so much for the information. I've successfully Confirm/Activate your Company File and the License file was sent to the email that is registered to your account.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
        Regards,
        Earl

• Hi AllanRC

From the second part of your post it appears as thought you would like to move to MYOB Business Pro.  Whilst it is not widely advertised you can migrate your V13 file to the current version of MYOB Business Pro and retain most of your data.  It really depends on what functionality you have been using in V13. I have successfully migrated older files than yours, even back to V9 to the current MYOB Business Pro and retained all the data including the chart of accounts.  This requires virtually no work at your end as the file upgrades through the versions to the current version.  It does however require that you upgrade your file in a few steps.  Once you have been able to upgrade to the current MYOB AccountRight version, MYOB can then convert it to Business Pro.

Happy to provide assistance if so required.