Forum Discussion

LucyL
User
3 years ago

Fixing Superannuation

Hi MYOB,

We had a new employee start,and we used the onboarding paperwork. When it prepopulated the information, it picked a wrong superfund that did not belong to that employee. The Fund has returned the funds to us, but we need to now pay the March Quarter to the correct fund. I need that particular employee's amount to come back into the Pay Super account. I have had this done before but it can only be done in the bcak end. Can someone please help!

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi LucyL 

Thanks for your post. If a super contribution has been returned by the super fund you will need to reverse and reprocess that payment. The Help Article, Returned super contributions, has instructions for doing this.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

LucyL
      User

Hi Tracey

That below solution does not fix the problem, because in the Pay Superannuation tab, it does not allow you to process a negative amount.

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi LucyL 

You don't need to process a negative amount in the Pay Superannuation window. The negative pays clear out the original pays so that the YTD amounts are correct. Then reprocess the pays as normal so that the YTD amounts are updated and the super contributions appear in the Pay Superannuation window. Process the super payment as normal by selecting the positive super contributions.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.