Forum Discussion

4 months ago

How to report Attributed PSI via STP

Is it possible to report attributed PSI via STP?  If so, how does it need to be set up?

5 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there Sophie_MBH and GM99

Regarding your concern about PSI whether to report or not and how to set up, I highly recommend checking this post from the ATO website for more information. If there's anything you need assistance with, don't hesitate to create a post again.

Best regards,

Doreen

GM99
      User

It's increasingly obvious to me now, that MYOB is NOT able to report PSI via STP.

MYOB is limited to the Payment Summaries and PAYG Payment Summary Annual Report (PSAR)
      (EMPDUPE file).

To report PSI via STP, it would need to create a file to transfer an electronic version of the BPSI - Business and Personal Services Income NAT 72716 form, and a PAYG payment summary statement NAT 3447 form with the 'Business and personal seruices' income included.

MYOB does neither, so these still need to be both calculated manually and submitted via snail mail to the ATO.

Not seeing much value now in the MYOB product for any PSI centric organisation.

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Sophie_MBH,

Thanks for your post.

If you wish to report attributed personal service income, we recommend speaking with your accountant on how to set it up. Once advised, you may check the Articles: Setting up pay items / categories and Assign ATO reporting categories for Single Touch Payroll for more information.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

GM99
      User

I am also at a loss how to set this up, there does not appear to be any way to report attributed PSI and associated PAYGW via STP

Sophie_MBH
      User

Thanks, Doreen.

The trouble I'm having is finding the correct paryoll category/income type to apply.  The more I look into it, the more it seems that even though reporting PSI via STP is voluntary, it's not actually enabled and set up to accept these types of payments.  Can you confirm?