Forum Discussion

Sandy37
Trusted Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Long service leave taken not showing in reports

I have just set up LSL for some employees and I have set up the LSL Wages item and also the LSL Leave accrual

I've added the opening balance with no problem.

I have paid one day's worth of LSL this week and it showed correctly on the payslip as 7 hours LSL

However when I run the LSL reports, the 7 hours is not showing in the LSL taken column of the report.  Therefore the staff member's LSL balance is incorrect.

Please can you identify the issue?

Thanks

• Hi Sandy37 

You're correct that only hours taken after LSL was completely set up will reduce the balance. You can do an adjustment pay as per the instructions in the previously linked Help Article to correct the balance.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Sandy37 

Thanks for your post. If the LSL balance has not been reduced by the hours taken check that you've linked the LSL wage item to the leave entitlement.

To do this:

1. go to Payroll>>Pay items>>Leave tab
    2. open the LSL entitlement pay item
    3. under Linked wage pay item select the LSL wage item

If you need to adjust the employee's leave balance this Help Article has instructions: Managing your employees' leave

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Sandy37
      Trusted Cover User

Hi Tracey, thank you for responding.

I did have the LSL linked to the leave entlement so that was set up correctly.

I just did a test payrun with some LSL and the deduction for leave taken was made OK!

I'm thinking that perhaps the LSL taken that caused the issue was entered in MYOB BEFORE I had set LSL up fully (ie I had set it up to record LSL taken but not to work out the LSL to accrue).  In that instance I'm thinking that the reporting function may not include it?

Therefore if everything else appears to be working ok, what I need to do is adjust the LSL balance for that employee so that things are straight?  Then going forward hopefully the reports will also be correct.

Does that sound right?!

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Sandy37 

You're correct that only hours taken after LSL was completely set up will reduce the balance. You can do an adjustment pay as per the instructions in the previously linked Help Article to correct the balance.