Forum Discussion

Rosemary_23
Contributing User
7 months ago
Solved

MYOB Business Payroll - days paid

Hi,

Our Essentials Payroll system has just been upgraded. I am processing my first pay run in the new system. When I enter the days worked, one of the employees worked 4.5 days but I cannot enter the half day.  Any suggestions on what to do about this ?

Thanks,

Rosemary_23

Princess_R
    6 months ago

Hi Rosemary_23,

Thank you for your response.

You can indeed input this as 3 days in the system and then manually adjust the hours worked for each day. In your case, you can enter 20 hours, this will allow the system to calculate the pay based on the total worked hours. Kindly refer to the screenshot below:

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm here to help.

Cheers,

Princess

3 Replies

• Hi Rosemary_23,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the community forum.

In this matter, you may record the number of days worked by adjusting the ordinary hours. If the employee works a half day on Tuesday and a half on Wednesday, these would be considered two days. So, in your case, the quantity of days would be 5 days. Go to Payroll >> Create Pay Run >> Choose the employee >> Enter 5 days, and on the ordinary hours, you need to adjust this as to how many hours the employee has worked. Kindly refer to this Help article, Do a Pay Run, for further information about this.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm here to help in any way I can.

Cheers,

Princess

Rosemary_23
      Contributing User

Hi Princess_R,

Thank you for your reply. The employee works Mon 8 hrs, Tues 8 hrs and Wed 4 hrs. I would usually put this in as 2.5 days. Are you suggesting that I process this as 3 days ? 

Thanks,

Rosemary_23

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Rosemary_23,

Thank you for your response.

You can indeed input this as 3 days in the system and then manually adjust the hours worked for each day. In your case, you can enter 20 hours, this will allow the system to calculate the pay based on the total worked hours. Kindly refer to the screenshot below:

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm here to help.

Cheers,

Princess