Forum Discussion

ED70
Contributing Cover User
15 days ago

Negative Workers Comp Leave

We are having an issue with an employee who we over paid workers comp to in the 22/23 financial year.  We deducted the overpayment in the 23/24 financial year so there is now a negative workers compensation leave balance for her.  This has resulted in the Gross Payments being higher by the amount deducted in workers comp.  How can we correct this?

Thanks.

4 Replies

Jemar_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi ED70,

Thank you for your post. I can see that you need assistance in fixing the negative balance in workers comp leave. You may check out this helpful article on how to fix the negative balance and this thread as well for the workaround.

Feel free to write a post if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Jem

ED70
    Contributing Cover User

Thank you Isiah and Jemar for your assistance however perhaps haven't explained the problem well enough.

The employee is a casual employee so she doesn't have entitlements.  

If you have a look at the two attached reports you can see the gross wages don't balance and the difference is the workers comp.

I believe the Payroll activity report is the correct balance however the Payment Summary is the report that goes to the Tax Office.  

Thanks

Elise 

ED70
    Contributing Cover User

Help!  I have lodged a support ticket regarding the payment summary report and payroll activity report not matching and haven't heard anything back.

How long do they normally take to get back to you? 

I already have staff asking why they can't do their tax return yet.