Forum Discussion

Riley_
User
6 months ago

PAYG/ calculating tax

New here. I'm considering signing up to MYOB and switching from HNRY. 
I'm a one man band with no employees.

Coulple of questions;

1. Does MYOB have the ability to make payments to PAYG? 

Example; say I ve been paid from a job what would happen with HNRY is they would deduct my income tax and GST from the that payment and make a payment to PAYG and withhold gst.

I know I'd manually be doing this with MYOB which is fine. Though does MYOB have the ability to generate a report income tax from each job? 

ideally I'd like to make payments as frequently as possible, even when I used other software I did this. My goal would to deduct super tax/gst and overheads from each payment made to me. 

2. Is there any tools in MYOB to account for costs of overheads to reflect into more accuracy when quoting? 

I like the idea of using MYOB as I can I have better insights into reports and forecasting 

1 Reply

• Hi Riley_,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

My apologies for the delay in responding back to your query.

To answer your first question, MYOB does have the ability to manage your PAYG. It can automatically manage your PAYG, allowing you to spend more time on your business and less time worrying about whether you calculated PAYG correctly. The only step required from your end is to input your payroll information into your employee card. As for your second question, MYOB does provide tools to manage your business expenses, which would include overhead costs. I'll provide the following articles below, which you may check out for further information:

Furthermore, you've got the opportunity to register for our MYOB Academy, which has learning courses to assist you in building your business with our software.

Please feel free to reach out if you have further questions or concerns.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess