Forum Discussion

Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Payroll Tax calculation is wrong

Hi

I started using a new superanuation expense account from 1/7/22 - to start fresh with the new 10.5% rate and no minimum wages requirement.

My problem:  The new superannuation expense is not being assigned to the Superannuation category on the Payroll Tax Report.

I definitely have the superannuation set up as 'Superannuation Guarantee (expense)' and the superannuation expenses of employees have definitely gone to that superannuation category.

I am in ACT (and hence ACT Payroll Tax applies).

There does not appear to be a place to allocate superannuation to the Payroll Tax report - like there is with wages.  Hence, it seems that the system does it automatically (by picking up all superannuation expense accounts??)  This makes me wonder whether it is a software fault.

Help please.

Relevant reports are attached.

Thanks.

Karen

• Hi 6203 

If you go to Payroll>>General Payroll Information>>Set Up Payroll Tax is that category (Super Guarantee (no threshold) ticked within that window? 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi 6203 

If you go to Payroll>>General Payroll Information>>Set Up Payroll Tax is that category (Super Guarantee (no threshold) ticked within that window? 

Experienced Cover User

Thank you, Steven - that has solved it.  I have numerous 'zz' leading payroll category names and superannuation names, which resulted in me not seeing the few current superannuation categories in amongst them!  Thanks again.