Forum Discussion

Feebie
Trusted Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Payroll calculating incorrectly

I was entering the info for payroll thru the browser  - the employee had taken 2 days (15.2 hrs) ann leave – when the annual leave was deducted from the hour of ordinary base wage (ie form 38 to 22.8) the calculation changed, but it was not correct.  This employee is on 26.90 hour rate which calculates fine when you open the screen with 38 hours  - but when you add in the 15.2 hour overtime (which is fine in itself as it doesn’t have an effect on the gross until you enter the leave loading), and then enter the leave loading – both of those calculate ok and it reduces the base hourly to 22.8 – but the calculation on the base hourly is changed to $950.65 and should be $613.32 

Of course I can overwrite the figure, but most people if busy will just accept the calculation if they have a lot of pays to do, .... also, if I’m doing something “stupid” to get this – please let me know.

It just seems weird

Feebie
    2 years ago

Hey Lisa - thanks again for that suggestion and following up for me.

I took another look at the way the AnnLeave Loading category and the Ann Leave is set up.  Both of the categories have the option of clicking to adjust the base hourly.  I had thought that clicking either one of them would just adjust the base hourly - which it does, and which is what you want to happen, and it shouldn't matter which one as when I'm paying Ann leave, I am also paying (in my case) Ann leave loading, so in that way it shouldn't matter which one I click to reduce the base hourly.  
    However, it looks like when clicking the button on the AnnLeaveLoading category - it reduces the hours on the base hourly(correctly), calculates the leave loading (correctly), but does something weird in the calculation of the base hourly reduced hours - which is not correct.
    I have followed your suggestion (cheers!) - removed the click from the AnnLeaveLoading and applied to the AnnLeave category and yes! It did work correctly.  So thanks for that, but I still think that if the option to click the button on AnLeaveLoading is there, then it should calculate correctly- or remove the option.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi

Check your leave loading wages  category - it should NOT have automatically adjust  base hourly ticked.

See if that helps

Lisa

Feebie
      Trusted Cover User

Thanks Lisa for your reply and assistance with this, much appreciated

- I have ticked the box for it to adjust the BASE Hourly (the option is there to do that) so that the hourly base is reduced when AnnLeave is taken to ensure an overpayment doesn't occur.  So, given that the option is there, I would expect the calculation to be correct

However, it doesn't alter the fact that 22.8hrs x $26.90 is not $950.65 

LRBooks61
        Ultimate Cover User

I agree the calculation is wrong , no question at all

I know that the loading should NOT reduce the base hours though because , if in fact it is working correctly the annual leave and the annual leave loading are both reducing the base hourly hours 

Remove the tick and see if this helps, just because the option is there doesn't mean you have to use it

I have gone through this myself and had this exact problem

Try it and see how it goes

Lisa