Forum Discussion

Feebie
Trusted Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Payroll calculating incorrectly

I was entering the info for payroll thru the browser  - the employee had taken 2 days (15.2 hrs) ann leave – when the annual leave was deducted from the hour of ordinary base wage (ie form 38 to 22.8...
    Feebie
    2 years ago

Hey Lisa - thanks again for that suggestion and following up for me.

I took another look at the way the AnnLeave Loading category and the Ann Leave is set up.  Both of the categories have the option of clicking to adjust the base hourly.  I had thought that clicking either one of them would just adjust the base hourly - which it does, and which is what you want to happen, and it shouldn't matter which one as when I'm paying Ann leave, I am also paying (in my case) Ann leave loading, so in that way it shouldn't matter which one I click to reduce the base hourly.  
    However, it looks like when clicking the button on the AnnLeaveLoading category - it reduces the hours on the base hourly(correctly), calculates the leave loading (correctly), but does something weird in the calculation of the base hourly reduced hours - which is not correct.
    I have followed your suggestion (cheers!) - removed the click from the AnnLeaveLoading and applied to the AnnLeave category and yes! It did work correctly.  So thanks for that, but I still think that if the option to click the button on AnLeaveLoading is there, then it should calculate correctly- or remove the option.