Forum Discussion

annabel208
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Paying Salary Sacrifice Superannuation

Hello - I paid my superannuation for Q3 in early April.  But now I notice that the salary sacrifice amounts that I have were not paid.

I can't seem to make them 'appear' when I go to PAY SUPER ..... they are set up in MYOB Payroll as a Superannuation Pay Item ..... I can see the deduction on historical pay slips .... but when I log into the Super Clearing they do not appear ....... any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Annabel

• Hi annabel208 

Thank you for your post. You will need to check if you have set it up correctly. This Help Article, Setting up salary sacrifice for superannuation, has detailed steps on how to properly set it up. For STP Phase 2 the ATO reporting category Salary Sacrifice and RESC can be used for Salary Sacrifice (deduction) superannuation pay items. If you're not sure what reporting category to assign, talk to your accounting advisor or the ATO.

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sean_DC
    MYOB Moderator

Hi annabel208 

Thank you for your post. You will need to check if you have set it up correctly. This Help Article, Setting up salary sacrifice for superannuation, has detailed steps on how to properly set it up. For STP Phase 2 the ATO reporting category Salary Sacrifice and RESC can be used for Salary Sacrifice (deduction) superannuation pay items. If you're not sure what reporting category to assign, talk to your accounting advisor or the ATO.

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

annabel208
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Sean - that is great!!  All solved !

Thanks for your reply !

Regards

Annabel

NJ88
      Experienced User

Hi Sean

Thank you for the advice on this issue.  I have now corrected the missing step, but how can I make the payment for past pays?  When I go to "create super payment", these salary sacrifice amount is still not showing for all the previous pays.   

Thank you,

Nan