Forum Discussion

haritha1
Contributing User
7 months ago
Solved

payroll

Hello,

I am an Intern in Financial and Management Accounting, my question is can we edit the payroll transaction after recording the transaction in Myob?

Thank you.

• Hi haritha1

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. Thank you for your effort in bringing your inquiry with us. We regret that you are having challenges with the recorded payroll transaction in MYOB, and we appreciate your understanding during this time. 

Regarding your concern, once the pay transaction has been recorded in MYOB Business/Essentials it is unable to be changed. However, if it were entered by mistake, you would need to delete that pay transaction. You can delete an individual employee's pay via the Pay History window of the relevant Employee.  

Our article Changing or deleting a pay has instructions on how to do this within Essentials. 

Please do not hesitate to post again if you need help in the future. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers,  
    Leneth

4 Replies

Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi haritha1

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. Thank you for your effort in bringing your inquiry with us. We regret that you are having challenges with the recorded payroll transaction in MYOB, and we appreciate your understanding during this time. 

Regarding your concern, once the pay transaction has been recorded in MYOB Business/Essentials it is unable to be changed. However, if it were entered by mistake, you would need to delete that pay transaction. You can delete an individual employee's pay via the Pay History window of the relevant Employee.  

Our article Changing or deleting a pay has instructions on how to do this within Essentials. 

Please do not hesitate to post again if you need help in the future. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers,  
    Leneth

Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi haritha1,  

Thank you again for flagging your concern to us. We will be closing this thread now. If you encounter any other issues, please feel free to start a post again and one of our moderators will attend to it. 

Cheers,   
    Leneth

haritha1
      Contributing User

Hello team,

The solution that you have suggested works for MYOB Essentials thanks for providing it. However, it doesn't work for the MYOB Account right premier offline. Could you please help me with that?

thank you,

Haritha.

Leneth_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi haritha1

Thanks for the update on this and for letting me know that this is for AccountRight. I have moved your post to the right board for the AccountRight product. 

Regarding this matter, as of this time, we do not have an option to edit a recorded pay in AccountRight. However, you may delete or reverse the payment and then record it again with the correct information. 

You can find the step-by-step instructions in our Help Article: Changing a recorded pay

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

Cheers,   
        Leneth