Forum Discussion

PRCTax
User
3 months ago

Payruns not agreeing with STP per ATO

Hi 

I just want to know how to fix the discrepancy between payruns and STP recorded by the ATO.  

Running an update doesnt fix the problem.  There are payruns in MYOB saying it has been accepted but not appearing in the ATO STP reports.

Help please 

5 Replies

• Hi Shella,

I am having the same issue, payroll reversal accepted in MYOB but not showing in the prefill W1 & W2 section with ATO. However employee that it affects has done their tax and the figures were correct, do i override the ATO prefill with the correct figures from MYOB?

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi @hartsx5,

Thanks for getting in touch! I get that you're having some trouble with payruns and STP not matching up in the ATO's records, even after updating. This can be a bit tricky since it involves both MYOB and ATO systems.

First off, make sure all your payruns have been properly reported and accepted in MYOB. You can double-check this in the STP reporting center. If you find any payruns that haven't been accepted, try resending them. Another thing I would suggest is to compare all payroll reports, such as the payroll activity report and the payroll register report. This can help you figure out where the differences in numbers are coming from. Once these two reports match, you can process an STP update event to sync the YTD amounts in STP.

Let me know how you'd go on this.

Kind regards,

Shella

PRCTax
      User

Thanks Shella

The issue i am finding is that:

-  there are processed payruns in MYOB that is not appearing in STP or

- the pay reversal is recorded in MYOB but not via STP (if i check against STP in the tax portal)

How do I remedy these issues?

Regards

Chris 

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi PRCTax,

Thanks for getting back to me quickly. To help me understand why the recorded reversals aren't appearing in the STP reports, could you please send me the following screenshots in a private message?

1. A screenshot of the recorded pay reversal.
        2. A screenshot of the STP report page where the reversal isn't appearing.

Also, if you could include the payroll activity report and the payroll register report, that would be great. This will help us see if everything is balanced. Thanks

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Shella

• Hi PRCTax 

Take a look here for some background about Pay Events and Update Events. This might explain some of what you are seeing. Update Events appear as $0 on ATO Online Services.

Regards

Gavin