Forum Discussion

dscsa_fin
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago

who approves the approving managers

I have set up our locations and approving managers.  Our Head Approving manager needs to have all the other approving managers added to her list so that she can approve the approving manager timesheets. I have 3 approving managers with a number of employees under them that they will approve timesheets for.  I now ned the Head approving manager to be able to approve those 3 approving managers timesheet.  When i click on the Head approving manager and go to select employee there are no employees to choose from.  How do i get the 3 approving managers names in there for the Head Approving Manager to be able to approve

• Hi dscsa_fin 

Thank you for your post. 

At the moment, there is no available option to have a head approving manager that approves the timesheets of all employees approved by Approving Managers. We're not aware of any plans for that feature being implemented but this is something that might be a potential candidate for future development. You can post this idea on our Product Ideas Board for others to vote for as well.

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

dscsa_fin
      Contributing Cover User

My question was who approves the approving managers timesheets.

Staff 1 is an approving manager and approves timesheets for staff members 2, 3, and 4 .  All good.  I am happy with that.  But who approves Staff member 1's timesheets.  Do they approve their own timesheets.  is the pay person supposed to check Staff member 1?  who will be the person to approve the timesheets for Staff member 1?

You aren't able to add staff member 1 to anyone else for approving.  If someone isnt checking their timesheets this is not good enough for a business and MYOB team is a fail.  Every single timesheet should be checked and approved by a team leader, or manager

Sean_DC
        MYOB Staff

Hi dscsa_fin 

I appreciate your response. As an Admin, you will have the option to approve your approving managers' timesheets. You can add another Administrator to approve the timesheets of the other Approving Managers and Team Leaders. 

For additional helpful information, here's a Help Article on Using the MYOB Team admin portal that you can also use as a guide.

Please let me know if you have further enquiries and I'll be happy to help.