Forum Discussion

Mick1977
Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Self employed Approving manager

I am a business owner and need to be an "Approving Manager" so that I can approve timesheets. 

I have followed the below instrustions and it still will not alow me to be added as a employee in myob teams.

"Thank you for your post. Currently in MYOB Team If you'd like to add an approving manager who is not currently an employee, like the business owner or bookkeeper, you'll need to set them up as an employee in AccountRight (just create a new employee card and enter their name and email address on the Profile tab, and set their Employment Basis to Other on the Payroll Details tab). Once you've set this up for yourself you will need to add yourself as an employee in the MYOB Team admin portal and then select yourself as an approving manager. Our help article Getting started with MYOB Team has instructions under heading 4. Add approving managers and assign their employees has instructions on how to do this in MYOB Team. "

Frustrated & wondering why this has to be so complicated.

any help please.

Regards Mick

• So i hae now tried using a different Emailaddress when setting up employee card, went back into Myob team and was able to add myself as an approving manager then add employees under neath me.

New problem once opening up the Myob Team app fo rmyself it asks to update my profile Personal details & tax which is fine but once i try to update the Superanuation (which is not even really need as im not an employee), it comes up with "issue with Employee card"

Any answers would be great. 

if there are so many issues with MYOB Team App why is it that the last update was Oct 2021 Is Myob actually going to do anything about trying to fix some of these issues your customers are having or shopuld i switch?

Sincerley Mick 

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • So i hae now tried using a different Emailaddress when setting up employee card, went back into Myob team and was able to add myself as an approving manager then add employees under neath me.

New problem once opening up the Myob Team app fo rmyself it asks to update my profile Personal details & tax which is fine but once i try to update the Superanuation (which is not even really need as im not an employee), it comes up with "issue with Employee card"

Any answers would be great. 

if there are so many issues with MYOB Team App why is it that the last update was Oct 2021 Is Myob actually going to do anything about trying to fix some of these issues your customers are having or shopuld i switch?

Sincerley Mick