Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Past period comparison figures on balance sheet report

How about a simple enhancement to allow us to report comparative figures on the balance sheet report in essentials. We can do it on the profit & loss, why not the balance sheet?

It will make review of client postings and business position so much faster, then having to export to excel and copy the prior year and create the formula etc etc.

• Hi WaynePD 

Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. In MYOB Business/Essentials you can compare the current year Balance sheet with the previous year by selecting Compare to last year. This compares the period you've chosen in the date range to the corresponding period in the last financial year.  

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi WaynePD 

Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. In MYOB Business/Essentials you can compare the current year Balance sheet with the previous year by selecting Compare to last year. This compares the period you've chosen in the date range to the corresponding period in the last financial year.  

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

WaynePD
      User

Hi Tracey

This is obviously an enhancment in the new release, as it certainly wasnt there on Monday when I down loaded reports from the pre- enhanced essentials.

This is a much needed and long awaited enhancement.

Thank you for the reply.

AM1234
      User

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for responding.

This is a function accountants have been calling for in MYOB for many, many years.  It is one of the biggest reasons our firm doesn't choose MYOB as a preference for software.  The 'Last year' function on the balance sheet is only relevant when you are looking at 30 June dates.   To do a simple comparision with a chosen reporting period prior is still a basic necessity.  EG.  When completing a September BAS, I'd like to see the June balance sheet with a 'movement' column, displaying balances for September from a year ago is irrelevant. 

When looking at year to date management figures, we need to see movement in particular periods, not just "on this day last year".

Is there any thoughts this will be added?

Thanks,