Forum Discussion

ann75
Experienced User
5 days ago
Solved

Payroll Finalisation report not matching with Payroll Register Summary

Hi,

I am having trouble with the Finalisation report for Payroll which I need to submit by this month

So, I was about to send the payroll YTD finalisation report from the system, and when i did a cross check of the Gross and PAYG numbers as per finalisation report vis a vis the payroll register, I saw there was mismatch. When I checked i saw 2 employees have a random payrun each amount sitting in the finalisation report which is causing the mismatch.

What is strange is that we did NOT process a payrun for these 2 employees in 23-24. They were not employees of the entity in 2023-24. Their last payrun was in June 2023. ALso we do not know where the 2 payruns amounts for these 2 employees come from as we have not done a payrun of  like that even in 22-23. Its almost like ghost payrun. There is some issue/glitch.

Now before I submit the finalisation report, I can untick these 2 pay runs and then we have the correct Gross and Payg total. But my question is where did these 2 payruns come from in the finalisation report when there was no pay run processed at all. When I look at the figures closely I see the payrun is done for a random 100 hours x their hourly rate. Both cases are the same. i have attached one of those cases. This shows only in the finalisation report and does not show anywhere else in past pay run, balance sheets, payroll register, payroll summary etc. Can you please help with this? I need to send the finalisation report asap but cause of this mismatch I havent. 

• Hi ann75,

Thanks for your post. I can see that the Payroll Finalization report doesn't match with Payroll Register Summary. This usually happen when an employee's pay history has been manually changed in their contact record. This might have occurred if you started using payroll part-way through the payroll year, and you've entered your employees' year-to-date payroll totals. This can be fixed by sending an update event. Please check this link for the instructions on how you may run an update event.

Feel free to write a post if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Jem

4 Replies

Jemar_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi ann75,

Thanks for your post. I can see that the Payroll Finalization report doesn't match with Payroll Register Summary. This usually happen when an employee's pay history has been manually changed in their contact record. This might have occurred if you started using payroll part-way through the payroll year, and you've entered your employees' year-to-date payroll totals. This can be fixed by sending an update event. Please check this link for the instructions on how you may run an update event.

Feel free to write a post if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Jem

ann75
      Experienced User

It worked. To be on the safe side, I first unticked the finalisation report for the remaning employees I had already sent. Then I send an update event. After that, I could see the EOFY finalisation report showed the 2 unidentified payruns as 0, so the numbers are all matching now. And I resent/finalised the correct report and notified the ATO. Thanks for your help.

ann75
      Experienced User

Hi Jemar,

thank you for your reply. As they were both not paid in 2023-24, I doubt any change was made in their contact details. But the issue is these 2 employees were not paid for at all in 2023-24, so they are not there in pay runs processed, nor in single touch reports that have gone in 23-24. So will sending an update event help?

Also for the time being, to make sure the finalisation report has gone in time, I had unticked these 2 problems pay runs and clicked on 'finalise and notify ATO" for the 23 remaining employees.  So now in the STP report tab, I have the finalisation report that I sent also shown on top. Please see picture below. Can I send an update event now? Will it remve them from the EOFY finalisation tab? Please help with this.