Forum Discussion

15 days ago
Solved

STP not matching for EOFY

Morning

I posted last week with same title but the result didn't resolve my issue.

All my reports show the correct balances for my two employees that I'm having issues with.  It's only in the EOFY finalisation that the amounts are incorrect (as shown in the  STP final reports).  The employee cards reflect the correct amounts.  The employees don't have any allowances etc.  Only Gross payments (ie straight wages).  

What do I need to do to fix all that has been last reported to the ATO was correct also (per attached).

Thanks.

• Hi there kathhNQE

Great to hear that your payroll register and payroll activity reports are in sync for your employees! To ensure the correct figures show up in the EOFY finalisation and STP final reports, all you need to do is send an update event. This should straighten things out and reflect the accurate amounts in the employee summary of payments. If you need any more guidance on how to do this, just give us a shout!

Best regards,

Doreen

8 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there kathhNQE

Great to hear that your payroll register and payroll activity reports are in sync for your employees! To ensure the correct figures show up in the EOFY finalisation and STP final reports, all you need to do is send an update event. This should straighten things out and reflect the accurate amounts in the employee summary of payments. If you need any more guidance on how to do this, just give us a shout!

Best regards,

Doreen

zoehard
      User

Hello,

How would you send an update event if it says is in a locked period?

Thank you

Zoe

GavinVFT
        Experienced User

I have same issue re locked period. Apparently we are supposed to check totals before running first payroll. Unfortunately I didn't have the chance to do this as payruns are weekly and due to timing I need to process payroll. My MYOB payroll reports match but the STP2 totals don't match. It appears to be one employee out of 81 where one of the payrolls hasn't been included in STP2 amounts even though it says accepted in STP2 reporting to ATO. 

Chlova
      Cover User

Hi I have the same problem. My payroll register for 28 of 31 employees is correct. The three I have problems with the activity statements match and are correct the YTD in the payroll register and figures in the last pay of the year is correct also The finalisation figures however are grossly incorrect one of them by about $40,000?? The other one is similiar but only about $3000 difference for this one.  I also have one employee who was terminated in the 22/23 26 June 2023 year showing in the 23/24 payroll year. I have checked this out and the reporting for the 22/23 was correct. Not sure what to do with this either. Need help badly.

Regards Donna J.

• I have a similar issue. I have tried all of the fixes and they haven't worked. 

I have run a 0 pay run for employees and sent an update event and the figures are still out.

Please help!

FrancaT
    Contributing Cover User

Hi All,

My Payroll Register is incorrect for one employee for YE 30.06.24 resulting in an incorrect EOFY summary in STP. Unfortunately, I have already run the first payroll YE 30.06.25.  I have tried to fix the issue in YE 30.06.24 by various methods such as zero payroll,  reversing and reprocessing the payroll, running update event, processing a nil payroll in YE 30.06.25.  Nothing seems to fix it.  What do we do it we can't get it to balance?