Forum Discussion

VL8
Contributing User
11 months ago
Solved

Payroll Reports not matching

Hello,I have run the payroll register and the payroll activity reports, everything matched except for the Leave columns, Payroll register shows 142.04 and Payroll Activity shows 214.04. How do I fix this? Do I have to create a $0 payslip adjusting the 72 hours? (Please note, there will not be a new pay for 23/24, I am the owner and only employee and will not continue with the business). The employee has been terminated in MYOB and but not in STP Reporting - Employee terminations. Do I have to unterminate before doing a $0 payslip?

Thank you for your help.

• Hi VL8 

Thanks for your post.

There are some instances wherein the Leave (hrs) column from the Payroll Register doesn't match the Leave (hrs) from the Payroll Activity. Therefore, there is nothing wrong with your reports. As the Payroll Activity shows the balance of the total accrual of the year while the Payroll Register shows the YTD balance. I highly recommend as well to check the Entitlement Balance Detail report to make sure that your reports are all correct. To do this, go to Reporting > Reports > Payroll > Leave Balance (detail).

If an employee has been terminated, you may need to remove the termination first then process a $0 pay run. 

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi VL8 

Thanks for your post.

There are some instances wherein the Leave (hrs) column from the Payroll Register doesn't match the Leave (hrs) from the Payroll Activity. Therefore, there is nothing wrong with your reports. As the Payroll Activity shows the balance of the total accrual of the year while the Payroll Register shows the YTD balance. I highly recommend as well to check the Entitlement Balance Detail report to make sure that your reports are all correct. To do this, go to Reporting > Reports > Payroll > Leave Balance (detail).

If an employee has been terminated, you may need to remove the termination first then process a $0 pay run. 

Best regards,

Doreen

VL8
      Contributing User

Thank you Doreen, I have run the Leave Balance detail report but there isnt anything to show since the employee was terminated. 

Do i still need to unterminate and do a $0 payslip? then terminate again in Myob and ATO?

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi VL8 

Thanks for your response.

If the employee was terminated, kindly undo the termination and then check the reports. Afterwards, redo the termination.

Best regards,

Doreen