Forum Discussion

JenCas
Contributing Cover User
2 months ago

any work around for adding a deposit to an order?

Hoping someone has worked out a way to apply a deposit to an order ? A deposit is often paid a month before the invoice is raised - with MYOB Business i can no longer place a payment against an order - don't want to invoice as the client that early as it leads to them receiving  overdue notices.  Not being able to apply deposit is making reconciling bank so time consuming - have made it a suggestion to MYOB but not having the ability to apply a deposit is adding hours of work

Grateful for any suggestions / help 

8 Replies

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Until a proper solution is provided, here's a workaround (untested) that I have seen posted elsewhere:

• create a "Deposits held" liability account, type Credit card
    • Use Receive Money to record the deposit to that account. Put the customer name and order number in the reference.
    • On the invoice, add a negative line, no GST, for the deposit, allocated to that account.

• I am working on it, but it is a three/four-step solution. I am just checking to see how it affects reporting and GST.

JenCas
    Contributing Cover User

Hi Earl - thanks for the links but no what i am after - i wish do be ale to put a deposit towards an order - which would become an invoice once goods are ready 

JenCas
      Contributing Cover User

Still having the issue 

JenCas
      Contributing Cover User

Yes we still haven’t got a solution 

colleenWatson
      Partner

This solution is for Account Rights. What about MYOB Business?

We were forced to upgrade so our subscription didn't go through the roof. The MYOB Business does not do what we require.

We are a hire company, and 100% of entries are Sales Orders with a deposit. You CANNOT receive a deposit on a sales order. 

What is the solution? without having to waste time.

JenCas
        Contributing Cover User

Hi Colleen 

how are you currently doing it?

I do up an invoice for a little more than the deposit and don’t put clients email in - I am worried about missing an invoice so having it a little over the deposit it comes up as unpaid -my way of ensuring an invoice is raised- as you have said rather time consuming and very frustrating 

it was very simple in account right but can not work out a better way with MYOB business and the increase in account right meant we had to transfer over. Would love to hear if your way is better than mine but would love it to be fixed by MYOB 😞