Forum Discussion

ttecha
Contributing User
6 months ago
Solved

Bill glitch

Hello,

I'm looking for some advise, i log all of my invoices from suppliers through the bill section. Every so often i return items, and use a negative quantity to do so. Then i go under suplier returns to credit that money back off an existing invoice works pretty well. Somehow this has glitched. Now i have a negative payment made against all of those invoices/credit adjustment bills from my supplier. For example returned one filter for $10 as a -1 qty. That bill has a -$10 payment against it now and the -1 qty value cancels that out making the balance $0 however that doesn't help as i need the balance to be the negative amount for the overall suplier total to be correct.

Hope this makes sense. I've tried to delete all the incorrect bills (about 6 of them) to start again but i cannot it says they have a payment against them, when in reality they dont

Cheers 

Tom

• Hi ttecha

Thanks for the response. We appreciate the screenshots you've attached. 

If your invoices have been closed due to the payment. You will need to match the transactions instead of allocating. In the screenshot you've provided, you were on the allocate tab. You will need to go to the match transaction tab and choose the payment transaction instead of the invoice transaction. (match the transaction to CR000426 instead of matching it to Invoice 00000411).

Let us know if you require further help with this. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

12 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi ttecha

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties in fixing your bills and payments. In my understanding, you should be able to delete these bills if there were no payments recorded to them. May I collect screenshots of the bill's Activity History, error message and Find Transaction > Debits and Credits tab window filtered to find this bill?

We look forward to your response. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

ttecha
      Contributing User

thanks for your reply!

see attached screenshot!

Cheers

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi ttecha

Thank you for the response and the attached screenshot. 

May I also collect screenshots of the error message when deleting this bill and how this transaction looks like in in the "Find Transaction > Debits and credits" window? Any additional information would be much appreciated. 

We look forward to your response. 

Thanks,
        Genreve