Forum Discussion

GoosesAccounts
Experienced Cover User
4 months ago

Item appearing in GL code, but nothing coded to that GL account within the invoice

I have two invoices that are showing as having $29.00 entered against GL 5-2150 Misc Corporate which is a purchase GL code, not sales.. However when I click on the sales invoice number and go to the invoice, nothing within the sales invoice has been coded to that account? 
How can I fix this? Can I just do a journal crediting the incorrect code and putting where it should be? (although I am not sure where this $29.00 has come from)

4 Replies

• Hi GoosesAccounts 

These are the Cost of Sales entries. That account 5-2150 will be the account listed on the Item Profile tab. If you are not familiar with this, I suggest you spend some time in the Support section for the software you are using and read up on perpetual inventory in MYOB or using 'I Inventory' etc.

Regards

Gavin

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi GoosesAccounts,

Thanks for your post and for providing the sample screenshot. Indeed, you can do a journal crediting the incorrect code and putting it where it should be if you want to. I also recommend checking the linked accounts for the items and how they are being set up. There's a possibility that it is just on the linked account. On your dashboard, you may go to Accounting> Manage linked accounts.

Should you require additional assistance, don't hesitate to respond. We also encourage you to connect with our virtual assistant, MOCA, through this link: myob.com/support, for prompt support.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella

GoosesAccounts
    Experienced Cover User

Hi Shella, 

I put this in the get back to pile, and am finally back looking into it. 

We have amounts hitting GL 5-4506 which is our Joes Rebate account. 
    They seem to be coming from invoices, and they have no GST 

When I go to that invoice, there is no line going to that GL code, and nothing for that amount.

When I look at the item in account right, they are all going to the correct code 

I have checked the linked accounts, and nothing is going to the 5-4506 code there either. 

Where else can I look to see where these transactions are coming from?

Thanks,

Claire

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi GoosesAccounts,

Thanks for sharing those screenshots and for your response. It's super helpful! In this matter, try to find the transaction with that amount and account in the 'Find Transactions' window. Then, check out the journal security audit report for that specific date before you go ahead and create a journal to balance the account. If you're still having trouble finding those transactions, no stress at all! Our virtual assistant, MOCA, is ready to lend a hand on our website. Or, you can always request support via 'My Account' at myob.com.

Cheers,

Princess