Forum Discussion

WMGLNZ
Experienced User
10 months ago

Splitting a bill across accounts

Hi, how do I split a bill across accounts now?  When I'm loading the bill the "account" for the item is shaded and I can't change it.  Attached is an example.  The first line needs to be Vehicle Expenses & the second line Purchases.  It was possible prior to the update.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi WMGLNZ,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community forum.

Generally, the reason why an item is shaded and grayed out is because a linked account has been set for the item. Kindly check the item and see the linked account. In this case, the option to split the bill into two different accounts with one item is not possible.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to help.

Cheers,

Princess

WMGLNZ
      Experienced User

So what was once possible is no longer in this case?  I think I've worked out how to make it work.  So now I'd enter 1 of the lines with no Item ID and change the Account Code & the 2nd line with an Item ID with the default Account Code.  

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi WMGLNZ,

Thank you for your response.

In MYOB Business/Essentials, you can only split a payment transaction. It's not possible to split the item into two different accounts when you create a bill. However, it is possible to add another line with the desired account without entering the item ID, which I appreciate you sharing.

Thank you for updating this post, as this will also help other users who might have the same concern.

Please feel free to create a new post if you need help in the future. I'd be delighted to assist you.

Cheers,

Princess