Forum Discussion

RobynM1
Contributing User
2 months ago

I Inventory.

Afternoon, the company I work for hasn't utilised Inventory at all really, they have no stock entered, so no products have the "I Inventory" box ticked. Could someone please tell me if I have to go into every single product then tick the I Inventory section, or can this be done by exporting then change this on the report and import it back into MYOB?? We are hoping to start this as of July 1st. 

10 Replies

Jemar_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi RobynM1,

I appreciate that you were able to check the resolutions that were given by Gavin and me. Please let me know if your inquiry is already resolved.

If you still need further assistance, please post again. 

Cheers,

Jem

• Hi RobynM1,

To answer your actual question, you can do this manually one by one, you can also do this via import. The problem you will face using either method is that once an item has been used in a transaction, this setting can no longer be changed - at least not by the user.

Your options would be to renumber each item manually (zzItemx) and make inactive, then import new items with the desired settings, or get MYOX Services to change the 'I Inventory' setting for you. They can do this for existing items, whether used or not.

Regards

Gavin

gavinw222@gmail.com

Jemar_C
      MYOB Moderator

Hi gavin12345,

Thank you for sharing your insights into Robyn's inquiry. We appreciate your initiative in helping the other customer's resolve their issue.

If you need assistance, feel free to write a post.

Cheers,

Jem

RobynM1
      Contributing User

Thanks Gavin I will discuss with my boss. 

RobynM1
        Contributing User

Sorry Gavin, when I do go into the items, I am able to tick the "I Inventory" box so does that mean even if I tick it, it won't work?

regards

Robyn

Jemar_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi RobynM1,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

Before filling out your inventory, it's important to know whether you'll be using a perpetual or periodical (also known as physical) inventory method. If you already know what you want to use, have a look below for more information on how AccountRight handles each method.

If you want to use the perpetual inventory method in your AccountRight, you need to make sure you check I Inventory This Item when creating an item.

However, if you want to use the periodical inventory method in your AccountRight, you need to make sure you do not check I Inventory This Item, but rather I Buy This Item and I Sell This Item when creating an item.

You may check out this helpful Inventory article to get more details about setting up inventory items.

Please let me know if you still need further assistance.

Cheers,
    Jem

RobynM1
      Contributing User

Thank you Jem I appreciate you getting back to me, they have been using perpetual however never ticked the Inventory box or did  a stock take. So I believe my understanding is that we have to copy all the codes 8000+ and tick the I inventory box? Can you please confirm that I am understanding this correctly? We were hoping that we could export the items and somehow tick the "I Inventory" section and import it back it. Do you know if this is possible. 

RobynM1
        Contributing User

Jem I did get a response from a gent called Gavin. I believe he has answered a question I just asked you. 

"To answer your actual question, you can do this manually one by one, you can also do this via import. The problem you will face using either method is that once an item has been used in a transaction, this setting can no longer be changed - at least not by the user.

Your options would be to renumber each item manually (zzItemx) and make inactive, then import new items with the desired settings, or get MYOX Services to change the 'I Inventory' setting for you. They can do this for existing items, whether used or not."