Forum Discussion

Kylie2911
Contributing User
9 months ago
Solved

Inventory value

I'm trying to process a credit in MYOB which should leave nil stock and nil value in inventory for this particular item according to the values I can see in the system but MYOB won't allow me to record the transaction as it says the number of items will be nil but the value will not be zero

• Hi Kylie2911 , there was an issue a while back which may still be there, where the cost of sale for a credit was created at10% higher than the actual cost. Try filling in the credit, but before recording it, select Edit and Recap..., and see what stock value MYOB has proposed. 

If the stock value is higher than your actual cost, hold the invoice on screeen, and record an inventory adjustment for that item, to add another item at the same (actual) cost, then after recording the invoice, record another adjustment to remove the extra item at whatever cost is now left.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Kylie2911 , there was an issue a while back which may still be there, where the cost of sale for a credit was created at10% higher than the actual cost. Try filling in the credit, but before recording it, select Edit and Recap..., and see what stock value MYOB has proposed. 

If the stock value is higher than your actual cost, hold the invoice on screeen, and record an inventory adjustment for that item, to add another item at the same (actual) cost, then after recording the invoice, record another adjustment to remove the extra item at whatever cost is now left.

Kylie2911
      Contributing User

Brilliant- that worked. Thanks for your help