Forum Discussion

sue2
Experienced User
4 years ago

MYOB Payroll - Finishing an Employee

Hi

I am trying to Finish an Employee without paying a Final Pay.

The Help screen instructs me to "manually overwrite Holiday Pay due and Current Annual Leave due to zero."

HP is all good but the "Current Annual Leave Due" field is greyed out and cannot be overwritten, so therefore I cant get total back to zero and cannot finish the employee.

Am I doing something in the wrong order (i dont beleive so as i have followed the help screen to the letter)

Thanks

• Hi sue2 

Technically speaking that employee does owe that much annual leave to the employer. As they have taken annual leave prior to it being available to them. However, as it's their final pay this would have been covered by their original holiday pay amount ($3,249.66), so you ideally should be paying that employee for that final pay of $1297.91.

Although to answer your question directly, the Current Annual leave value is not able to be changed. Should that be required, such as zeroing it out, you would need to edit the Annual leave due as at value to match the opposite of the Current Annual leave. For example, if the Current Annual leave shows -20 hours you would enter 20 hours in the Annual leave due as at.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi sue2 

Technically speaking that employee does owe that much annual leave to the employer. As they have taken annual leave prior to it being available to them. However, as it's their final pay this would have been covered by their original holiday pay amount ($3,249.66), so you ideally should be paying that employee for that final pay of $1297.91.

Although to answer your question directly, the Current Annual leave value is not able to be changed. Should that be required, such as zeroing it out, you would need to edit the Annual leave due as at value to match the opposite of the Current Annual leave. For example, if the Current Annual leave shows -20 hours you would enter 20 hours in the Annual leave due as at.