Forum Discussion

Jo8
Experienced User
5 months ago

Salary - unable to change number of days worked for Salaried employee

I have a salaried employee who has gone from working 5 days/week to 3 days a week but I am unable to make any changes, as the rate of 5 days/week is set in, so the rate per day is incorrect . (As attached). Please can someone help with this!

Screenshot 2024-01-16 131828.png

13 Replies

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Jo8,

Thank you for your post and for expressing your concern to us. We have a Help Article: Changing an Employee's Normal Hours per Week, including information on how to change normal hours and rates. You can also check on this Help Article: Changing an employee's pay rate from hours to days or days to hours, you can use this for your reference. 

I hope this helps. Please contact us again if you have other questions or concerns. We are happy to help.

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

Jo8
      Experienced User

Thank you for your reply but the articles you recommended are to calculate LEAVE payments entitlements. In the snip I attached the daily rate has calculated at 5 days/week and the employee works only 3 days week therefore the daily rate should be $233.33 so the amount of $140 in the pay defaults window is calculating incorrectly (Ordinary time ,Time and a half, Sick Leave . Public holidays etc are all calculating at $140 day instead of $233.33/day.

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Jo8,

Thank you for getting back to us and providing an update. 

Can you please try again to check on the Help Article: Changing an Employee's Normal Hours per Week. This has detailed information on how to reduce an employee's normal hours per week.

Please let me know if you still need further assistance. We are happy to assist you. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel