Forum Discussion

sue2
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

Switching an employee from one MYOB Payroll to another

Hi,   I have just set up a second MYOB Payroll for an associated company I need to change an employee from the old to this new one.   Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to Finish him (...
    4 years ago

Hi sue2 

Employees are unique to company files. As such, there is no direct transfer employee option between payroll files. It will be a manual process.

Typically, you would take note of their outstanding leave amounts, zero the employee's leave out, do the final pay for that employee/enter a finish date in, set up the new employee in that new file and enter the leave amounts.

The biggest hurdle for you would be what are you playing on doing with the leave rate. When paying out the leave its based on the average weekly earnings or the ordinary weekly pay whichever one is higher. The Average weekly earnings calculation is based on the previous 12 months thus the history would need to be entered for that employee for that period to accurately represent that information -- Tools>>Enter History allows you to enter historical values.