Forum Discussion

Bullswool
Trusted User
18 days ago

TOIL code error

Hi,

I have an odd error with an employee’s TOIL code. The employee has the payroll code TOIL as part of their default pay, set to zero hours.

If I make any change to the hours being paid (i.e. adjust sick leave hours, add annual leave hours, reduce ordinary hours, add public holiday hours) the system automatically re-adds the hours into the TOIL line. If not corrected each time the employee will be over paid.

I’ve tried deleting the code from employee’s default pay but I am unable to (error: Audit records exist. Time off in lieu cannot be deleted).

How can I fix this? Only effects this one employee.

We are using MYOB Payroll version 2024.1

4 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Bullswool,

I appreciate you reaching out to us about the TOIL code. 

Just a heads-up, the TOIL code can't be deleted, but no worries! You can easily zero it out to prevent any potential overpayments. I greatly appreciate your understanding regarding this.

Should you need any assistance with this process, feel free to reach out.

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

Bullswool
      Trusted User

Thanks Doreen_P , but the code is automatically adding hours when it shouldn't.

How can I prevent that from happening?

B.

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Bullswool,

Thanks for your prompt response. It's indeed unusual that the TOIL code is automatically adding hours when it shouldn't. This might be due to the fact that the TOIL code can't be deleted. However, in addition to Doreen_P's previous response, there's a workaround for this. You can manually set the figures to zero during a pay run to prevent potential overpayments. This means that when you're processing a pay run, you'll need to adjust the TOIL figures to zero for each relevant employee. This should help prevent any automatic addition of hours. Your patience in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella