Forum Discussion

dee1962
Contributing User
2 months ago

Annual leave accrual for maternity leave

Hi there, can anyone please tell me a simple/easy way of halting the accrual of annual leave for an employee who is out on maternity leave?  I searched somewhere and it said move out the anniversary date for the length of time maternity leave is (in this case 6 months).  I understand about moving the anniversary date, but what do I do when she comes back to work in 6 months?  And how does moving the anniversary date stop the leave accruing for this 6 months?  Help please :) thank you.

• Hi dee1962

Annual holidays continue to accrue while an employee is on parental leave, and this will happen automatically in MYOB. The employee doesn't need to be included in pay runs, but you can include them if you prefer. For more information, you can visit this help page.

Paid parental leave

Regards,
    Earl

3 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi dee1962

Annual holidays continue to accrue while an employee is on parental leave, and this will happen automatically in MYOB. The employee doesn't need to be included in pay runs, but you can include them if you prefer. For more information, you can visit this help page.

Paid parental leave

Regards,
    Earl

Minimiss
    Contributing User

I hate to tell you this Dee but legally, in New Zealand your employee is entitled to continue accruing annual leave while on parental leave.  Check this out https://www.govt.nz/browse/work/parental-leave/taking-parental-leave/