Forum Discussion

StewartN
Contributing Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Leave accrual - annual and personal

we have about 20 people on our payroll; a mixture of casual, salary and one person on wages.

When I set up the wages person leave accrual to the % accrual it changes all the salary workers to the % default.

How do I stop this happening?

• Hi StewartN 

You need to have two separate entitlement categories -

Then click on Employee at the top of the Entitlement Information window and link the employees to the applicable category.

If you are in the Employee Card>>Entitlements tab and open the Holiday Leave Accrual category this opens the same window that you open by clicking on Payroll Categories>>Entitlement tab. So any changes you make in that window will affect all linked employees, it is not specific to the employee card you open it through.

I hope that helps clarify it for you, let me know if you need further help.

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi StewartN 

You will need to setup separate entitlement categories, one for salary and one for hourly.  For the salary employees you would enter a fixed rate per period instead of a %.  This support note, Leave and entitlements explains how to setup the categories and calculate the fixed rate.

Please let me know if you need further help.

StewartN
      Contributing Cover User

we have about 20 people on our payroll; a mixture of casual, salary and one person on wages.

When I set up the wages person leave accrual to the % accrual it changes all the salary workers to the % default.

How do I stop this happening?

StewartN
      Contributing Cover User

Thanks Tracey

we have done this previously and as soon as we change the part timers leave accrual to % it defaults the salaried workers to % as well. Not sure why it would do this.  

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi StewartN 

That is very strange.  I have tested this in my system by creating a new Holiday Leave Salary entitlement category and then swapping between % and fixed hour in both categories. They stayed at whatever I changed them to. 

So that I can help resolve this for you can you provide me with screenshots of the entitlement category setup for the Hourly and Salary categories.